Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Black Swan... Gorgeous!

Neither a fan or likes to watch a horror movie but when it comes to fashion-related stuff especially if two of my favorite designers are behind to that horror movie... yes I force my self to watch and cover my eyes, then ask my seat mate if its a morning scene. When I found out that the Mulleavy sisters (Laura and Kate) of Rodarte are behind the costumes of Darren Arronofsky's Black Swan... I freaked out because I love and admire Mulleavy sisters! I had a chance to watched the movie on Christmas eve, since the start of the movie, I was amazed to Natalie Portman's performance. 

Photo from google


Black Swan is a psychological thriller about a young ballerina, Nina (Natalie Portman), finally finds success in the ballet world, but is soon faced with a rival ballerina, who looks just like her. The rival, while looking quite like her, is completely different in every respect in terms of personality. Nina is very shy and insecure, while Lily (Mila Kunis) is extremely confident and outgoing. Nina begins to realize that her new found success is now in jeopardy due to Lily’s natural talent. While the two ballerina competes for the lead role, Nina finds a dark side of herself. -- imdb.com.



I loved the movie, not just because all of the costumes are designed by Rodarte, also you can learn things in life. Perfectionism, rivalry, and madness, are all I can think about to summed up about this movie. I was shocked and amazed of Natalie Portman's portrayal as obsessed to fame ballerina. The sex scene between insanely gorgeous Mila Kunis and Portmans was OH MY GOSH! Although, the sex scene was not my favorite but when the Black Swan finally unveils her wings was my favorite scene especially the Rodarte dress Portman wore.