Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Travel: Stop Over in Singapore

What makes Singapore ahead with other South East Asian neighbors?

Clean, big space to walk, nice airport, and have very good road/transportation system.

Merlion in Sentosa

Inside Terminal 1 in Changi Airport


I only have two nights or more like.. 24 hours (because I arrived midnight) to stroll one of the original member of Asian Tigers before heading to Bangkok Thailand, and since it was my first time in Singapore and I'm a theme park junkie... I have to visit Universal Studios Singapore (USS).

After exiting the airport... Rode a cab to my friend's place... I wanted to ride the Chrysler cab but it cost an additional  SG$10 or so.

There's a cab fare law-ish... after 6:00 PM to midnight an additional 25% of the metered fare and from midnight to 6:00 AM an additional 50%.

Slept for about 5 hours then..

Went to the top floor of Vivo City Mall then ride this train to Universal Studios Singapore





Universal Studios is small compare to Hong Kong Disneyland and Ocean Park, so you can stroll the entire theme park in less than five hours during weekdays except Friday.

Catched the Waterworld show... retelling the Waterworld movie



Transformers 4D ride ... watching Autobots vs Decepticons fight for a thing in 4D.




This thing is what they're fighting for?!

Now I know why they put these stuff because the management/creator of this ride knows you'll queue in line more than 30 minutes during peak days.



3D glasses you'll use

Lights Camera Action.. This place will show you how Hollywood movie studios add special effects to movies such as JAWS, Twister, etc.



Revenge of the Mummy ride ... Disneyland's Space Mountain-ish + mummy






Went to Battlestar Galactica - Human and Cylon ... This is a fun ride but the seats...oh the seats... smells like rotten socks!



Ate lunch at Discovery Food court... remember the canteen in Jurassic Park movie?








Went inside the Far Far Away land...















After a grueling walk in USS, we meet the hosts (my high school friends.. the owner of the place where I stayed for two nights in Singapore) for dinner in Ion Orchard mall in Orchard road.


KIKKI.K store.. Stationery stuff



cute UNIQLO shirts


Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf Red Velvet Cake

Cereal Prawns in Food Republic

 Singapore have big space to walk!


And nice buildings for Instagram-ing.


The view from my friends pad where I stayed with in Toa Payoh
And before I left Singapore, I made sure I dropped by to Saboten for Tonkatsu.





Saboten Japanese Cutlet
Departure Hall, Terminal 1
Changi Airport, Singapore

Universal Studios Singapore
Sentosa