Friday, July 13, 2012

I Need A Man In My Life says karen igho

Big Brother Africa winner, Karen Igho, recently joined Naija FM as an on air personality. She spoke with P.M.Entertainment about the new job, her challenges, her kind of man and other issues
Karen, why are you coming on board Naija FM?
First, I thank God for His mercies and before now I have been doing shows and other things but this time around, I want a different thing entirely.
How did you get the job?
Na God now. When something is meant for you, no matter what, you will get on board. I think this job was meant for me and I got it because I have been working on a reality show modelling, acting and doing other things. Before the end of this year two of my films will be released. I am also into clothing line named Karen. I have lots of businesses up my sleeves.
So you have a lot of money to throw around?
I no know o. Na you sabi. I just tell you say I dey do business. You no fit say congratulations. You come dey talk say I get a lot of money to throw around (laughter).
What value are you adding to the programme?
I am the same Karen you guys saw on The Big Brother. I am original and I am adding originality to the programme.
So, it was really you?
Yes, no pretence. That was really me.
When you were going for the Big Brother reality show, what was on your mind?
I no even know. I just got one mind and God blessed me. In fact, my mission was to go there, meet other people all together. It was a wonderful experience and at the end, God said I am the winner and thank God, I won.
You were one of the housemates of The Next Movie Star which you never won. How will you compare the exeperience of the reality show to that of Big Brother?
I don’t know, but it’s God and I give Him all the glory. When God says this is your time, nothing can stop you.
What will you say is going for you as Karen Igho?
A lot is happening. The radio programme, the movie, my clothing line, starting a reality show with some other celebrities. I am into modelling, there are other proposals at hand. I don’t know whether I should say it now. No, I won’t say it.
What challenges are you facing for now?
There are lots of challenges. Life itself is a challenge. Going to Big Brother was a challenge. This one is a challenge too.
As a single girl, having hands in so many things, don’t you think of settling down one day? I mean getting married?
Ah! I wan marry o. No be say settling down alone. I want to marry and I know that my husband is outside there waiting for me. Anytime, I want to marry. I will someday get one.
How soon is that?
Ah! I will first find one, know him very well before thinking of marriage. Abi make I marry any man I see for road?
Who is your ideal man?
My ideal man must be God fearing, loving, caring. Money does not matter. Just the personality. Sometimes love is not about money. It is about the person, it is about connection. I mean you connect.
Don’t you think some men could be scared because of your personality and achievement?
Why should men be scared? They have forgotten that I am a woman at the end of the day. Men are supposed to be the head and take care of women. I am still young and it is only God that gave me this opportunity. I know my man is out there and he will not be scared of me. Karen’s man is not scared. How can men be scared of me. I am a very nice person.
How do you see yourself because people have a different perceptions about your personality?
I am a down-to-earth person, friendly, etc.
How romantic are you?I am very, very romantic.